A Devious Plot
I couldn't believe my eyes. Spread out in front of me was the auction house. The auctioneer brought the hammer down and I yelled in frustration. I could almost see the devilish smile on his face.
TWO HOURS EARLIER
I hated history. Why do we learn about dead people who don't exist anymore? It just didn't make sense!
" ...And yes Billy it is on auction today." Mrs. Jones sighed. "Anymore questions?" Mrs. Jones knew me well. She knew I disliked history and never paid attention.
"Aakash?" she said.
Straightening up, I inquired, "What is on auction and is it coming on TV?"
Mrs. Jones shook her head and said for the umpteenth time," The painting's auction is coming on TV."
The bell rang. I was relieved. Freedom at last! As I ran to the bus I saw a few girls giggling and whispering.
" Do you know Tom Cruise is coming to the auction? one said dreamily. " I am so gonna watch it!"
I fixed myself a snack and switched on the TV. A live broadcast from the auction room. People wandered around and as I munched on the crackers, I saw them finally begin to settle down. I saw the chair for Tom Cruise being set up. The phone rang. I answered it.
" Can you help me watch the cameras here at the auction house?"
I watched the TV showing the cameras in the auction room.
" Thanks for coming", said a tall lad, Paul. " I knew I could rely on you!"
I smiled at him. Paul was my friend. He was 21 and had dropped out of college at 16. He had a job here to as guard to watch building.
" Gee Paul", I said, apologetically. " But I really need to use the bathroom!"
The bathroom was huge. No I'm sorry, that's an understatement. It was monstrously, ENORMOUS. I heard the static and buzz of a walkie-talkie.
" Detonate, Cruise, bets."
I didn't understand anything. The auctioneer stepped out of the nearest stalls and smiled at me. I smiled back. Then hurried away. That's when everything made sense. I had to save him. Detonate. I dashed out and sprinted towards the auction. I rammed into a wall and kept running. Cruise.
I couldn't believe my eyes. Spread out in front in front of me was the auction room. The auctioneer brought his hammer down and I yelled in frustration. I could almost see the devilish smile on his face.
" 61,709 dollars!" I yelled, as two policemen grabbed my arms.
The auctioneer hesitated, frowning at me. That was all I needed. I elbowed one man and kicked the other. I dived at my favourite actor and I saw his mouth drop open in horror. The chair exploded as we skidded across the floor. Where Tom Cruise and been seconds ago, was a pile of powdered chair.
Sitting on top of him I can't believe I actually had the nerve to smile.
TWO HOURS EARLIER
I hated history. Why do we learn about dead people who don't exist anymore? It just didn't make sense!
" ...And yes Billy it is on auction today." Mrs. Jones sighed. "Anymore questions?" Mrs. Jones knew me well. She knew I disliked history and never paid attention.
"Aakash?" she said.
Straightening up, I inquired, "What is on auction and is it coming on TV?"
Mrs. Jones shook her head and said for the umpteenth time," The painting's auction is coming on TV."
The bell rang. I was relieved. Freedom at last! As I ran to the bus I saw a few girls giggling and whispering.
" Do you know Tom Cruise is coming to the auction? one said dreamily. " I am so gonna watch it!"
I fixed myself a snack and switched on the TV. A live broadcast from the auction room. People wandered around and as I munched on the crackers, I saw them finally begin to settle down. I saw the chair for Tom Cruise being set up. The phone rang. I answered it.
" Can you help me watch the cameras here at the auction house?"
I watched the TV showing the cameras in the auction room.
" Thanks for coming", said a tall lad, Paul. " I knew I could rely on you!"
I smiled at him. Paul was my friend. He was 21 and had dropped out of college at 16. He had a job here to as guard to watch building.
" Gee Paul", I said, apologetically. " But I really need to use the bathroom!"
The bathroom was huge. No I'm sorry, that's an understatement. It was monstrously, ENORMOUS. I heard the static and buzz of a walkie-talkie.
" Detonate, Cruise, bets."
I didn't understand anything. The auctioneer stepped out of the nearest stalls and smiled at me. I smiled back. Then hurried away. That's when everything made sense. I had to save him. Detonate. I dashed out and sprinted towards the auction. I rammed into a wall and kept running. Cruise.
I couldn't believe my eyes. Spread out in front in front of me was the auction room. The auctioneer brought his hammer down and I yelled in frustration. I could almost see the devilish smile on his face.
" 61,709 dollars!" I yelled, as two policemen grabbed my arms.
The auctioneer hesitated, frowning at me. That was all I needed. I elbowed one man and kicked the other. I dived at my favourite actor and I saw his mouth drop open in horror. The chair exploded as we skidded across the floor. Where Tom Cruise and been seconds ago, was a pile of powdered chair.
Sitting on top of him I can't believe I actually had the nerve to smile.
Comments
Post a Comment