The Man In Black (2)
Ford Sten was tall. He towered over me and then before i knew what was happening a fist like a sledgehammer slammed into my stomach. I doubled over, groaning. Winded from the blow I struggled onto my feet and tried to run after him but fell. Limping I stumbled and fell flat onto the ground, tumbling. The impact knocked the breath out of my lungs. I gasped for breath but Ford didn't look back.
"Ford..." I called out. Suddenly, he turned around and began walking towards me. I thought help me to my feet but instead his foot slammed into my stomach skidded along the pavement leaving a trail of blood. There I lay sprawled on the ground. My vision swam and blackness began filling in.
I thought I heard him laugh but then again I might have been hallucinating because of my injuries.
Then I blacked out and body went limp.
"Ford..." I called out. Suddenly, he turned around and began walking towards me. I thought help me to my feet but instead his foot slammed into my stomach skidded along the pavement leaving a trail of blood. There I lay sprawled on the ground. My vision swam and blackness began filling in.
I thought I heard him laugh but then again I might have been hallucinating because of my injuries.
Then I blacked out and body went limp.
*
"Broken ribs, fractured arm, stomach bleed and body pain", Dr.Clancy read out.
My ragged breath was loud and it was difficult to breath. "Yes", I managed in a raspy voice. I was lying in the hospital 2 days after they found me lying almost dead on the pavement.
"Take care of yourself", she said. " You just touched the brink of death and managed to stay alive."
I had cheated death.
Comments
Post a Comment