Psycho

That round thing. I think it was a UFO. It was the size of the cruise ship except round. It shot into the air and surged ahead, leaving a bluish greenish beam behind. It slowly faded away. It was chrome plated and technology was at a thousand years ahead. Time machines didn't exist, so... ALIENS? The word seems to clear all other ideas and all I could think about were aliens. Glimpses of the past. Aliens. Aliens. ALIENS!
                                                                              *
I sat up in bed. It was 3 am. My heart was beating loudly. My clock was buzzing so I turned it off. Only yesterday I had seen it. I was alone at the park to take photos of the moon for my magazine. It was late and there was no one else. Suddenly a bright light flashed and a UFO appeared. As quickly as it had come, it was gone. Aliens. I shuddered violently at the thought. Afraid of aliens, I drew my legs up close to me. Aliens. The thought wouldn't leave me alone. Aliens. My head still throbbed where the tranquilliser dart had hit me. After I saw them, a weird-looking alien had shot me. Their identity had been kept a secret for centuries and now, after everything, they would lose it. They couldn't let it happen. For all I knew, they were probably still keeping me under surveillance. If I had been unconscious how had I landed up back at home. Aliens. I clutched my head in my hands, my body shaking with sobs. My head felt as if it was about to explode. I finally managed to pull myself together. Resting my hands by my sides, I looked back up.
Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a light flickering. After a while it let out a static buzz and went out. I felt along the side of my bed for the switch. But it was on the other side of the room near the door. The light which had malfunctioned, brightened. There was a brilliant flash of white and a human looking creature materialized. Aliens. He had a machete wedged through his head and blood trickled from the gruesome looking wound. His skin was pale, blood pouring through tears in his skin which leaked from his ragged clothes. Even his eyes were freakishly white. Inhuman.
"Time to die", he snarled and lifted the chainsaw, the tip glinting in the light. Aliens.
Secrets are dangerous and unfortunately, I learnt that the hard way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accounts

Another

An Autobiography Of A Tennis Racket