Slave
I woke up early at dawn. I quickly ran and fired up the hypocaust to keep the chill from my master's room. He was always irritable when he was cold. I waited for him to step out of his quarters but he didn't. Nervously, I sauntered into the dining room. And there he was. He shouted at me loudly, pointing out that I had not helped him get dressed or served him food. I realised I had woke up late delirious, and tired from the day before's work.
He gave me 5 hard lashes with his whip and I cried out. Crimson blood poured from my wounds. I bit my lower lip and held back tears. I staggered into my room and made to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror was worse. My rags were torn and there deep cuts and gashes on my back, legs and arms. I was a mess. My vision swam and black spots danced before my eyes. The last thing I remember was a big bald man scooping me up into his strong arms before I blacked out.
Let me explain how I landed up here. The name is Surrey. I was born to a poor family, not slaves but extremely poor. When I was 14, they sold me off for a small amount of money. Its been almost 3 years since I have seen them.
My master treated me badly.
I was never actually good at anything. I fell while carrying his litter and made tasteless food.
I woke up in soft bed, surrounded by doctors. A man walked in. He said this was my new home and I now worked for him. I would be provided with a soft bed and a bathroom! I couldn't believe it. I worked hard for him every day, never complained and was never whipped. The food was scrumptious. I ate at the same table as my master!Everyday he would sing me praises and life went on happily...
He gave me 5 hard lashes with his whip and I cried out. Crimson blood poured from my wounds. I bit my lower lip and held back tears. I staggered into my room and made to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror was worse. My rags were torn and there deep cuts and gashes on my back, legs and arms. I was a mess. My vision swam and black spots danced before my eyes. The last thing I remember was a big bald man scooping me up into his strong arms before I blacked out.
Let me explain how I landed up here. The name is Surrey. I was born to a poor family, not slaves but extremely poor. When I was 14, they sold me off for a small amount of money. Its been almost 3 years since I have seen them.
My master treated me badly.
I was never actually good at anything. I fell while carrying his litter and made tasteless food.
I woke up in soft bed, surrounded by doctors. A man walked in. He said this was my new home and I now worked for him. I would be provided with a soft bed and a bathroom! I couldn't believe it. I worked hard for him every day, never complained and was never whipped. The food was scrumptious. I ate at the same table as my master!Everyday he would sing me praises and life went on happily...
Comments
Post a Comment